Your satisfaction is our priority. Check our FAQ for answers to your questions.
Still need help?
- Questions about Keto?
- Delivery Issues?
- Any other Enquiries
Our central kitchen is located in the west side of Singapore. You can contact us by sending us an enquiry via Contact Us form or via WhatsApp.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why KETOMEI meals?
KETOMEI is a ketogenic meal delivery service in Singapore. Our meals are carefully designed to provide 100% keto-compliant meals down to its macros. Our meals are ensured to be delicious and of high quality as it is prepared and cooked by experienced chefs. To support our clients in achieving a successful and sustainable keto-living journey, KETOMEI provides the convenience of delivery services right to your doorstep by our friendly delivery teams.
Why choose KETOMEI over other companies?
- We are Singapore’s first Keto-compliant meal delivery service.
- Enjoy keto made easy with us. Indulge in your meals in your personal space, at home, at work or after a workout. Avoid the lunch crowds and save your energy and precious time from not having to be stuck in the kitchen preparing your keto meals.
- We provide food that is of good quality and taste.
- Our meals are of a combination of Western and popular local/Asian food.
- A head chef oversees the ingredients, cooking methods used and the process of the cooking to ensure flavour and keto compliance.
- Our advisor includes Asia’s Keto Queen, Ms Kelly Tan Peterson. A nutritionist & health coach, award-winning author and speaker, Kelly has benefited from a fully ketogenic lifestyle for more than a decade.
- Our customer service and delivery teams will ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience for you.
Do I need to eat KETOMEI food consistently?
A Keto lifestyle does not happen in a few days or weeks. Give yourself a good start by cutting down on your carb intake, which is the first step in the right direction. Our Customer Support Team will be most happy to assist you in any queries you have while you are on this amazing journey.
What are the KETOMEI meal packages available?
You have a choice of 3 meal plans, for lunch and dinner:
- “1 week” plan of 12 meals (it’s for trial)
- “3 weeks” plan of 36 meals (our top seller) or
- “6 weeks” plan of 72 meals (it’s top value for money)
How are KETOMEI meals packed and delivered?
Our meals are blast chilled, packed in air-tight sealed food containers, packaged in a styrofoam box with ice packs and delivered to you. To maintain the highest quality of the freshness of the food, we complete our unique packaging with nitrogen gas. Nitrogen is a colorless and odorless gas at normal temperature, and it can be used to replace air and reduce or eliminate oxidation of things. We inject nitrogen before our food containers are sealed, thus preventing oxidation and preventing the inhabitation of the growth of bacteria and fungus.
The meals are packed for 6 meals for 3 days (3 lunch and 3 dinner) for each delivery. When the meals are delivered, it can be stored in the chiller or the refrigerator.
How do I heat up my meals?
Please do visit our Meal Care page for information on how to heat our meals.
Specific heating instruction will be provided on the meal labels.
What is the ketogenic diet?
The standard ketogenic diet is a very low-carb, moderate-protein and high-fat diet. Each meal basically contains 60-80% fat, 20-35% protein and only 5-15% carbs and less than 20 grams of net carbs per meal.
What is ketosis?
Ketosis is a natural metabolic state. It involves the body producing ketone bodies out of fat, and using them for energy instead of carbs. When there is a drastic reduction of carbohydrate intake and replacement with fat, your body is efficiently burning fat for energy. It also turns fat into ketones in the liver, which can supply energy for the brain.
What are ketones?
When you are on a low-carb, high-fat diet, many of these fatty acids are transferred to the liver, where they are oxidised and turned into ketones (or ketone bodies). These molecules can provide energy for the body. Unlike fatty acids, ketones can cross the blood-brain barrier and provide energy for the brain in the absence of sugar. When you are in a state of ketosis, the ketones become the main sources of energy for the body and brain and this happens when carb intake and insulin levels are very low.
Does the ketogenic diet work for everyone?
The Ketogenic diet is open to anyone who is seeking to lose weight.
People who are:
- Overweight, diabetic or trying to improve their metabolic health should consult their doctor to determine if the diet is safe and suitable for their specific needs.
- People with health conditions, like kidney, liver or pancreatic diseases. They should consult their doctor for advice.
What should we eat for the ketogenic diet?
The majority of your meals should be based on the following foods:
- Meat: Red meat, steak, sausage, bacon, ham, chicken and turkey, etc.
- Fatty fish: Salmon, tuna, trout and mackerel, etc.
- Eggs: Omega-3 or pastured whole eggs
- Low-carb vegetables: Mostly green veggies, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
- Butter and cream: Grass-fed if possible
- Cheese: Unprocessed cheese such as cheddar, goat, cream, blue or mozzarella
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, etc.
- Avocados: whole or freshly made
- Oils: Olive oil, avocado oil and coconut oil
Can I lose weight through the ketogenic diet?
Eating fewer carbs can significantly reduce hunger levels, which tends to lead to automatic weight loss.
What are low-carb foods?
- Eggs and meat: beef, lamb, chicken, pork (including bacon), turkey, veal, venison, bison, etc.
- Fish and seafood: salmon, trout, sardines, shellfish, lobster, herring, tuna, cod, catfish, halibut, etc.
- Vegetables: broccoli, tomatoes, onions, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, eggplant, cucumber, asparagus, green beans, mushrooms, cabbage, etc.
- Fruits: avocado, olives, strawberries, lemons, mulberries, raspberries, etc.
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, cashews, coconuts, pistachios, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Dairy: Cheese, heavy cream, full-fat yogurt, etc.
- Fats and oils: butter, extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, lard, tallow, etc.
- Beverages: water, coffee, tea, carbonated water (sugar free), etc.
- Other foods: dark chocolate (85-100% cocoa), herbs: salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, mustard and oregano.
What are the foods to avoid while on the ketogenic diet?
- Grains or starches: Rice, pasta, cereal, wheat-based products, etc.
- Beans or legumes: Peas, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
- Root vegetables and tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.
- Foods with sugar: Soda, fruit juice, cake, ice cream, candy, smoothies, etc.
- Fruits: Most fruits that are high in carbs and sugar, except small portion of berries like strawberries, etc.
- Low-fat or diet products: Highly processed and high in carbs.
- Sauces or condiments: Contains sugar and unhealthy fats.
- Unhealthy fats: Processed vegetable oils, mayonnaise, etc.
- Sugar-free diet foods: Highly processed and often high in sugar alcohols
- Alcohol: High in carbs especially beer
Are there any side effects for the ketogenic diet?
There may be some initial reactions while your body is adapting to the new diet of very little carbohydrates. This is known as the “keto flu” and it is usually over within a few days or a week.
In a ketogenic diet, carbohydrates are typically reduced to under 50 grams a day. This drastic reduction may cause withdrawal-like symptoms, similar to those experiences when withdrawing from an addictive substance like caffeine.
What are the symptoms of the keto flu?
The symptoms includes headache, fatigue, constipation, bad breath, increased hunger, difficulty sleeping, stomach pain, nausea, sugar cravings, digestive discomfort and poor concentration. The symptoms should go away in a few days or one week.
Can I eat carbs again if I am on a ketogenic diet?
Yes you may, but it is most important to reduce your carb intake significantly at the initial stage. After 2-3 months, you can eat carbs again on special occasions, and quickly return to the diet after that.
How much protein can I eat?
Protein should be moderate as a very high intake can spike insulin levels and lower ketones. The recommended intake if around 35% of the total calorie intake.
I have diarrhea and digestion problems. What can I do?
This is a common reaction which usually passes after 3-4 weeks. If it persists, try eating more high-fiber vegetables. Supplements like magnesium can also help with constipation issues.
When are my meals delivered?
We deliver your meals on every Tuesday and Friday. Tuesday delivery is for Wed/Thurs/Fri’s Lunch and Dinner. And Friday delivery is for Sat/Mon/Tues’s Lunch and Dinner. Our meals cover 6 days a week.
We have 2 delivery times – DAY (10.30am-2.30pm) and NIGHT (4.30-8.30pm). Please ensure that there is someone to receive the meals. If there’s no one at home, we can drop the box at the door but the meals need to be placed in the fridge within 3-4 hours of delivery to ensure freshness.
How soon can I get my first order?
We would love to deliver your order as soon as we can. Once you have placed your order, our friendly Customer Support team will contact you to inform you on the delivery date, based on the cut-off time in our system.
What is the cut-off date and time for my orders?
If you submit your order before Monday 23.59pm, the delivery will start on Friday on the same week. If you submit your order after Monday 23.59pm, the delivery will start on the next Tuesday.
If you submit your order before Thursday 23.59pm, the delivery will start on the next Tuesday. If you submit your order after Thursday 23.59pm, the delivery will start on the next Friday.
This cut-off time is the same timing for any request for any changes/suspension of your meals.
How do I renew or continue my subscription?
It is auto-renewal unless you cancel your order before the cut-off date and time.
Can I cancel my subscription at any time?
Yes you can. Just cancel on your Account page. If you need to take a break from our delicious meals or you are going for a long vacation, you can cancel your order before the billing date of your next subscription. However, the existing meals will still be sent to you.
Do note that you need to cancel the subscription before the next billing date in order to avoid being charged the renewal.
Can I suspend my delivery if I am travelling for a few days?
Yes, we can hold delivery of meals if you have to miss a few deliveries. Just click on suspend on your Account. When you are ready to resume, please reactivate your plan.
However, you need to suspend before the cut off date for the next meals i.e Tues noon for Friday delivery and Friday noon for Tuesday delivery, failing which, the meals will be prepared and delivered.
How can I upgrade my meal subscription plan?
You may upgrade to a longer plan to continue to enjoy the health benefits from our keto meals and for cost savings. Our Customer Support will be able to assist you.
Can I order your meals for my party or event?
Please contact our Customer Support if you wish to order our food for your private or corporate parties.
How do I feedback on my orders?
We welcome your feedback on our meals/orders as we strive to continuously improve on our food quality and customer service. Our existence depends on you, and we will appreciate your feeback and support. Reach out to us by email: [email protected]
KETOMEI OPERATING HOURS
For Online Meal Orders
Daily: 24 hours
For Customer Support
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday: 10am to 1pm
Sunday/Public Holiday: OFF DAY (We will get back to you on the next working day)
Tuesdays and Fridays
Day delivery – 2:00-6:00 pm
Night delivery – 6:00 -10:00 pm
For Keto Diet Enquiries
You may send your enquiries to the Keto East West group in Facebook, which is managed by Ms Kelly Tan Peterson, our Ketomei advisor and keto expert.