Your satisfaction is our priority. Check our FAQ for answers to your questions.
Still need help?
- Questions about Keto?
- Delivery Issues?
- Any other Enquiries
Our central kitchen is located in the west side of Singapore. You can contact us by sending us an enquiry via Contact Us form or via WhatsApp.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why KETOMEI meals?
KETOMEI is a ketogenic meal delivery service in Singapore. We strive to provide 100% keto-compliant meals to our customers. Our quality meals are healthy and delicious, prepared and cooked by our experienced chefs. To support our clients in achieving a successful and sustainable keto-living journey, KETOMEI provides the convenience of delivery services by our friendly delivery teams.
Why choose KETOMEI over other companies?
- We are Singapore’s first Keto-compliant meal delivery service.
- Enjoy keto made easy with us. Indulge in your meals in your personal space, at home, at work or after a workout. Avoid the lunch crowds and save your energy and precious time from not having to be stuck in the kitchen preparing your keto meals.
- We provide food that is of good quality, healthy and delicious.
- Our meals are of a combination of Western and popular local/Asian food.
- A head chef oversees the ingredients, cooking methods used and the process of the cooking to ensure flavour and keto compliance.
- Our advisor includes Asia’s Keto Queen, Ms Kelly Tan Peterson. A nutritionist & health coach, award-winning author and speaker, Kelly has benefited from a fully ketogenic lifestyle for more than a decade.
- Our customer service and delivery teams will ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience for you.
What are the benefits of KETOMEI?
Your health and fitness comes from what you eat daily. You look great when you are fit and healthy and you will have the energy to focus on achieving your goals. At KETOMEI, we shop for good ingredients, prepare them, cook them the keto-licious way and deliver them to your doorstep so you can experience the goodness and nutritional benefits of the keto life without the hassle.
Do I need to eat KETOMEI food consistently?
A healthy lifestyle does not happen in a few days or weeks. Give yourself a good start by creating a habit of eating healthy, which is the first step in the right direction. If you eat healthy meals consistently, every meal will move you closer to your wellness or weight-loss journey. At KETOMEI, we want to support you in making your keto journey successful and sustainable. Our Customer Support Team will be most happy to assist you in any queries you have while you are on this amazing journey. Just email us at [email protected].
What are the KETOMEI meal packages available?
You have a choice of 3 meal plans, for lunch and dinner:
- “1 week” plan of 12 meals (it’s for trial)
- “3 weeks” plan of 36 meals (our top seller) or
- “6 weeks” plan of 72 meals (it’s top value for money)
If you are determined to lose weight and for metabolic health benefits, the recommended package will be the “3 weeks” meal plan.
How are KETOMEI meals packed and delivered?
Our meals are blast chilled, packed in air-tight sealed food containers, packaged in a styrofoam box with ice packs and delivered to you. To maintain the highest quality of the freshness of the food, we complete our unique packaging with nitrogen gas. Nitrogen is a colorless and odorless gas at normal temperature, and it can be used to replace air and reduce or eliminate oxidation of things. We inject nitrogen before our food containers are sealed, thus preventing oxidation and preventing the inhabitation of the growth of bacteria and fungus.
The meals are packed for 6 meals for 3 days (3 lunch and 3 dinner) for each delivery. When the meals are delivered, it can be stored in the chiller of the refrigerator.
How do I heat up my meals?
Meals can be heated in a microwave or a convection oven. Specific heating instruction will be provided on the meal labels.
What is the ketogenic diet?
The standard ketogenic diet is a very low-carb, moderate-protein and high-fat diet. Each meal basically contains 60-80% fat, 20-35% protein and only 5-15% carbs and less than 20 grams of net carbs per meal.
What is ketosis?
Ketosis is a natural metabolic state. It involves the body producing ketone bodies out of fat, and using them for energy instead of carbs. When there is a drastic reduction of carbohydrate intake and replacement with fat, your body is efficiently burning fat for energy. It also turns fat into ketones in the liver, which can supply energy for the brain.
What are ketones?
When you are on a low-carb, high-fat diet, many of these fatty acids are transferred to the liver, where they are oxidised and turned into ketones (or ketone bodies). These molecules can provide energy for the body. Unlike fatty acids, ketones can cross the blood-brain barrier and provide energy for the brain in the absence of sugar. When you are in a “ketosis” stage, the ketones become the main sources of energy for the body and brain and this happens when carb intake and insulin levels are very low.
Does the ketogenic diet work for everyone?
People who are overweight, diabetic or trying to improve their metabolic health will find that a ketogenic diet is great for them. The diet will only work if you are consistent and make it your eating lifestyle in the long term. Take note for the following group of people:
- They can still build large amounts of muscle or weight with keto diet by increasing their consumption of protein.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women. For women who are already practicing and eating keto, they can continue with the lifestyle during pregnancy and breastfeeding stage focusing on eating nutrients dense protein and good fat to support the baby growth. Keto diet can help to prevent or control gestational diabetes. Women who aren’t adapted to keto diet prior to pregnancy is not advisable to switch to keto diet suddenly.
- Children and teens. They can always eat more nutrient dense food like the keto diet instead of high sugar and high carb meals.
- People with health conditions, like kidney, liver or pancreatic diseases. They should consult their doctor for advice.
- People with diabetes should consult their doctor to determine if the diet is safe and suitable for their specific needs.
What should we eat for the ketogenic diet?
The majority of your meals should be based on the following foods:
- Meat: Red meat, steak, sausage, bacon, ham, chicken and turkey, etc.
- Fatty fish: Salmon, tuna, trout and mackerel, etc.
- Eggs: Omega-3 or pastured whole eggs
- Low-carb vegetables: Mostly green veggies, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
- Butter and cream: Grass-fed if possible
- Cheese: Unprocessed cheese such as cheddar, goat, cream, blue or mozzarella
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, etc.
- Avocados: whole or freshly made
- Oils: Olive oil, avocado oil and coconut oil
Can I lose weight through the ketogenic diet?
Yes, the ketogenic diet is an effective way to lose weight. The diet is much more filling that you can lose weight without counting calories. Eating fewer carbs can significantly reduce hunger levels, which tends to lead to automatic weight loss. The keto diet also offers other health benefits such as reducing your blood sugar, blood pressure and triglycerides or improving your “good” HDL cholesterol.
What are the healthy low-carb foods?
- Eggs and meat: beef, lamb, chicken, pork (including bacon), turkey, veal, venison, bison, etc.
- Fish and seafood: salmon, trout, sardines, shellfish, lobster, herring, tuna, cod, catfish, halibut, etc.
- Vegetables: broccoli, tomatoes, onions, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, eggplant, cucumber, asparagus, green beans, mushrooms, cabbage, etc.
- Fruits: avocado, olives, strawberries, lemons, mulberries, raspberries, etc.
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, cashews, coconuts, pistachios, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Dairy: Cheese, heavy cream, full-fat yogurt, etc.
- Fats and oils: butter, extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, lard, tallow, etc.
- Beverages: water, coffee, tea, carbonated water (sugar free), etc.
- Other foods: dark chocolate (85-100% cocoa), herbs: salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, mustard and oregano.
What are the foods to avoid while on the ketogenic diet?
- Grains or starches: Rice, pasta, cereal, wheat-based products, etc.
- Beans or legumes: Peas, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
- Root vegetables and tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.
- Foods with sugar: Soda, fruit juice, cake, ice cream, candy, smoothies, etc.
- Fruits: Most fruits that are high in carbs and sugar, except small portion of berries like strawberries, etc.
- Low-fat or diet products: Highly processed and high in carbs.
- Sauces or condiments: Contains sugar and unhealthy fats.
- Unhealthy fats: Processed vegetable oils, mayonnaise, etc.
- Sugar-free diet foods: Highly processed and often high in sugar alcohols
- Alcohol: High in carbs especially beer
Are there any side effects for the ketogenic diet?
The ketogenic diet is safe for healthy people, but there may be some initial reactions while your body is adapting to the new diet of very little carbohydrates. This is known as the “keto flu” and it is usually over within a few days or a week.
In a ketogenic diet, carbohydrates are typically reduced to under 50 grams a day. This drastic reduction may cause withdrawal-like symptoms, similar to those experiences when withdrawing from an addictive substance like caffeine.
ggle content goes here, click edit button to change this text.
What are the symptoms of the keto flu?
The symptoms includes headache, fatigue, constipation, bad breath, increased hunger, difficulty sleeping, stomach pain, nausea, sugar cravings, digestive discomfort and poor concentration. The symptoms should go away in a few days or one week.
How do we manage or minimise the keto flu?
These are some ways to reduce the symptoms and help your body get through the transition period more easily.
- Stay hydrated: Drink enough water. This can help with symptoms like fatigue, diarrhea and muscle cramps.
- Avoid strenuous exercise: Avoid activities like biking, running, weightlifting and strenuous workout. Light exercises like walking and yoga may improve symptoms.
- Replace electrolytes: Salting food to taste and including potassium-rich, keto-friendly foods like green leafy vegetables and avocados are excellent ways to ensure a healthy balance of electrolytes. They are also high in magnesium, which may help to reduce muscle cramps, sleep issues and headaches.
- Get adequate sleep: Cut off ambient light from cell phones, computers and televisions in the bedroom to create a dark environment for restful sleep. Take a bath to wind down, waking up at the same time every day and avoiding oversleeping may help to normalise your sleep patterns and improve quality sleep.
- Reduce caffeine intake: It is a stimulant that may negatively impact sleep, however you may drink in the morning so that sleep will not be affected.
- Eating enough fats: Make sure that you are eating enough fats or else eliminate carbs gradually, which will help make the transition smoother. You can try on a regular low-carb diet for the first few weeks. This may teach your body to burn more fat before you completely eliminate carbs. The ketogenic diet can also change the water and mineral balance of your body, so adding extra salt to your meals or taking mineral supplements can help.
Will I lose muscle on a ketogenic diet?
There is a risk of losing some muscle on any diet but the high protein intake and high ketone levels on the ketogenic diet may help to minimise muscle loss, and lifting weights may also help.
Can I eat carbs again if I am on a ketogenic diet?
Yes you may, but it is most important to reduce your carb intake significantly at the initial stage. After 2-3 months, you can eat carbs again on special occasions, and quickly return to the diet after that.
How much protein can I eat?
Protein should be moderate as a very high intake can spike insulin levels and lower ketones. The recommended intake if around 35% of the total calorie intake.
I have diarrhea and digestion problems. What can I do?
This is a common reaction which usually passes after 3-4 weeks. If it persists, try eating more high-fiber vegetables. Supplements like magnesium can also help with constipation issues.
When are my meals delivered?
We deliver your meals on every Tuesday and Friday. Tuesday delivery is for Wed/Thurs/Fri’s Lunch and Dinner. And Friday delivery is for Sat/Mon/Tues’s Lunch and Dinner. Our meals cover 6 days a week.
We have 2 delivery times – from 2-6pm and 6-10pm. Please ensure that there is someone to receive the meals. If there’s no one at home, we can drop the box at the door but the meals need to be placed in the fridge within 2-3 hours of delivery to ensure freshness.
How soon can I get my first order?
We would love to deliver your order as soon as we can. Once you have placed your order, our friendly Customer Support team will contact you to inform you on the delivery date, based on the cut-off time in our system.
What is the cut-off date and time for my orders?
If you submit your order before Tuesday 12 noon, the delivery will start on Friday on the same week. If you submit your order after Tuesday 12 noon, the delivery will start on the next Tuesday.
If you submit your order before Friday 12 noon, the delivery will start on the next Tuesday. If you submit your order after Friday 12 noon, the delivery will start on the next Friday.
This cut-off time is the same timing for any request for holding or suspension of your meals.
How do I renew or continue my subscription?
It is auto renewal unless you cancel your order before the cut-off date and time.
Can I cancel my subscription at any time?
Yes you can. Just cancel on your Account page. If you need to take a break from our delicious meals or you are going for a long vacation, you can cancel your order before the billing date of your next subscription. However, the existing meals will still be sent to you.
Do note that you need to cancel the subscription before the next billing date in order to avoid being charged the renewal.
Can I suspend my delivery if I am travelling for a few days?
Yes, we can hold delivery of meals if you have to miss a few deliveries. Just click on suspend on your Account. When you are ready to resume, please reactivate your plan.
However, you need to suspend before the cut off date for the next meals i..e Tues noon for Friday delivery and Friday noon for Tuesday delivery, failing which, the meals will be prepared and delivered.
How can I upgrade my meal subscription plan?
You may upgrade to a longer plan to continue to enjoy the health benefits from our keto meals and for cost savings. Our Customer Support will be able to assist you.
Can I order your meals for my party or event?
Please contact our Customer Support if you wish to order our food for your private or corporate parties.
How do I feedback on my orders?
We welcome your feedback on our meals/orders as we strive to continuously improve on our food quality and customer service. Our existence depends on you, and we will appreciate your feeback and support. Reach out to us by email: [email protected].
KETOMEI OPERATING HOURS
For Online Meal Orders
Daily: 24 hours
For Customer Support
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday: 9am to 1pm
Sunday/Public Holiday: Off Day (We will get back to you on the next working day)
Tuesdays and Fridays
Day delivery – 2:00-6:00 pm
Night delivery – 6:00 -10:00 pm
For Keto Diet Enquiries
You may send your enquiries to the Keto East West group in Facebook, which is managed by Ms Kelly Tan Peterson, our Ketomei advisor and keto expert.